Friday, May 16, 2008

My Year of Barackin' the Vote

After much urging from my mother, I have started a blog to document my involvement with the Obama campaign this summer and fall.

I started with the campaign as a Volunteer Coordinator for Columbia Students for Barack Obama, and my crazy year began from there. We did tons of phone banking and visibility in New York before Super Tuesday. When the campaign didn't end there, I kept calling other states, encouraging them to vote for Obama. Over Spring Break, I interned in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, registering young people to vote for the first time. I skipped school and returned for Primary Weekend to make sure they got to the polls.

Now, I've taken the plunge and have decided to take the fall semester off in order to campaign full-time as a Field Organizer for the Virginia Coordinated Campaign. I am looking forward to doing my part to turn Virginia blue for the first time in my lifetime.

So I hope you guys enjoy reading about my adventures. Hopefully, I'll have some good stories to tell! FIRED UP AND READY TO GO!!

No comments: